Terms & Conditions
By submitting a nomination into the Ely Hero Awards, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The closing date for receipt of entries will be published on the website each year. All details are subject to change and are at the discretion of Ely Hero Awards, any changes will be made known.
- Nominations should be submitted via www.elyheroawards.org.uk/nominate.
- Nominations are accepted from individuals, community groups and businesses living or operating in Ely and surrounding villages within a 10-mile radius of Ely. Some awards may have other eligibility criteria, please check the individual award details.
- Individuals/ Community groups/ Businesses can enter more than one award, but a separate nomination form must be completed for each category.
- Previous category winners can be nominated in subsequent years but in an alternative category. The judges’ decision is final.
- Business Sponsors of the Ely Hero Awards may make a nomination, but individual nominations cannot be accepted for the category that the business may be sponsoring.
- Judges of the Ely Hero Awards cannot nominate or be nominated. If a nomination is received for one of the judges, it cannot be accepted.
- Additional information, if necessary, may be requested by the judging panel. This will be arranged with individuals/community groups/ businesses as required. Judges will contact the nominee to verify the information provided. Judges will arrange to meet with nominees within each category to decide on category finalists and winners. Any under 18’s will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Each award category will be shortlisted to three finalists; with one winner for each award within that category (if appropriate). Each finalist will be required to attend the Award Ceremony where the winner will be announced. Each finalist will receive two additional tickets for accompanying guests to the ceremony.
- The judges’ decisions are final, and the judges cannot enter into a discussion about the shortlisting process, choice of finalists or choice of winners.
- By entering the Awards, you and the nominee agree to be part of any of the publicity associated with this. Each of the nominee’s names will be printed in the Ely Standard Newspaper and may be posted on social media.
- Permission must be granted by the nominee for a nomination to be entered into a specific category. In relation to the “Child of Achievement” category, consent from a parent or guardian must be given before a nomination is made. If consent is not given, the Ely Hero Awards and Ely Standard Newspaper cannot accept liability or responsibility.
Nominations are accepted from individuals, community groups and businesses living or operating in Ely and surrounding villages within a 10 mile radius of Ely.